White Carrara marble replica of the famous Venus of Cyrene, consummately carved by the skilled sculptors lead by Raffaello Romanelli in his Galleria in Florence. The original dates from ca. the 3rd century AD but it was itself a copy of a model representing the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra as Venus, accompanied by the goddess' favorite animal, the dolphin. The marble used for this sculpture is extracted from the same quarry near Carrara where Michelangelo and other famous Renaissance artists used to go for choosing the blocks of marble to work. White Carrara Marble is extremely precious and rare because of its color and because it is one of the few that can be carved to achieve pieces like this one.
• Material: White Carrara Marble
• Dimensions (in): W 20.67 x D 13.65 x H 56.55
• Dimensions (cm): W 53 x D 35 x H 145
• Handmade in Italy
• Shipping to United States: FREE
• Changed your mind? Read our return policy