Ceramica Pinto

Ceramica Pinto

Campania, Italy

Ceramist

The first of the Pinto family to start out the family business was Vincenzo Pinto – born in Vietri sul Mare in 1870. He rented an old ceramics factory of the beginning of the 19th century, and developed the workshop until the famous tiles began exporting in the 1920s. Many important designers, including Rossi (Founder of the Salerno School of Ceramics), Tot, Rivetti in the 60s, artist Carrano and architect Giò Ponti, collaborated through the years. Rosaura and Carlo Pinto are now at the lead of this historical workshop preserving ancient techniques and designs.